Complete Your Advanced Course with Sydney Dive Safari
The Advanced Course is the next step once you've become an Open Water Diver. You'll learn about different types of diving environments and be certified to dive up to 30 metres after the successful completion of your course.
The Advanced Course was created so you can try out a variety of specialty courses before you commit to completing a full course. It's a great way to experience what advanced training is all about and how valuable it can be to your diving adventures. This is the first step into advanced level diving and after this course you will be certified to dive to 30 metres!
There’s always more to learn so why not take the next step, push your comfort level and become an advanced diver! This course is exciting, fun, and designed to increase your skills and understanding of the important core areas of diving. It is largely practical so you have more time to enjoy your dives and practice the specific specialty skills your instructor will teach.
- Internationally recognised certification to scuba dive anywhere in the world to depths of up to 30 metres.
- Gain the basic skills to dive in a range of different environments.
- Understand the principles of underwater navigation.
- Understand the procedures for planning on deep dives.
- Experience the excitement of a night dive under the watchful eye of your instructor.
- All training completed in one weekend.
- Three shore dives and two boat dives included.
- All dives can be counted towards future specialty courses.
- Maximum 8:1 student to instructor ratio.
During the Advanced Course you will have the chance to try out five different specialties. You will complete one training dive per specialty and if you decide to take a full course in any of the specialties you tried, the dive you completed can be applied to your full certification in that particular specialty.
- ONLINE THEORY. When you book onto the course you will be given access to the SSI Online Training program. You can then learn and complete the required sections in the comfort of your own home before the beginning of the course.
- OCEAN DIVES. The five dives you will complete over the weekend include Perfect Buoyancy, Navigation, Night & Limited Visibility, Boat and Deep Diving. The first two dives and the night dive will be complete on Saturday. The last two dives which includes the deep dive are conducted on the Sunday. After successful completion of your training dives your depth limit will increase to 30 metres!
- The minimum age to participate is 15 years old (a parent's or guardian's consent is required for participants under 18 years old.)
- Be certified as an SSI Open Water Diver / SSI Junior Open Water Diver, or hold an equivalent certification from another recognised certification agency.
- Transfers and cancellations are possible without penalty 14 days outside the scheduled dive course.
- If you wish to transfer your booking within 14 days from your scheduled dive course or fail to complete the required online study prior to course commencement you will incur a 50% transfer/administration fee plus a $20 re-booking fee.
- If you cancel your booking within 14 days from your scheduled dive course or fail to attend you will forfeit the full cost of the course. Refunds are not possible within 14 days.
- All dive courses must be completed within 180 days of the original scheduled start date.
- View Sydney Dive Safari's full Terms & Conditions.