Complete Your First Aid Training with Sydney Dive Safari
Whether it is for workplace or individual needs, we provide a full range of advanced first aid and resuscitation training with online study and flexible delivery options.
Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills in providing first aid and basic life support until arrival of medical assistance. This includes calling for help, the ability to respond to first aid situations, casualty assessment, decision making and basic life support functions including Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). This course covers adult and child conditions.
The unit applies is suitable for those who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Provide Advanced Resuscitation (HLTAID007)
This course deals with the provision of advanced resuscitation techniques, life support, and management of casualty until the arrival of medical or other assistance, and provision of support to other providers. This course provides the skill to be able to administer oxygen therapy and/or oxygen resuscitation to a casualty.
- Assessment and management of emergency situations and casualty
- Apply life support skills in accordance with Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Operation of automated external defibrillator
- First aid management for burns, bites, stings and poisoning
- First aid management of shock and respiratory distress
- Identification and management of bleeding and wounds
- Recognition and management of internal bleeding
- First aid management of Asthma, allergic reactions and anaphylaxis
- First aid management for bone and joint injuries
- Procedures for managing major and minor injury and illness
- First aid management for chest, abdominal, pelvic and head injuries
- The basic structure and function of the human body
- Assessing the need for oxygen administration
- Understanding equipment and delivery devices
- Safety precautions, cleaning and disinfection of equipment
- Equipment familiarisation – assembly and disassembly
- Correct method of administration of oxygen
- Insertion of an oropharyngeal airway
The face to face training is approximately 6-10 hours and covers both theory and practical aspects of First Aid and/or Advanced Resuscitation Training. There is a short multiple choice quiz at the end of the training, covering the practical First Aid and/or Advanced Resuscitation information learnt that day and from the online pre-work.
On completion of this course, students will receive a nationally accredited Statement of Attainment for HLTAID003 Provide First Aid valid for three years and/or HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation valid for one year. Included in this training is the course competencies of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
These courses are Nationally Recognised Training and from the Health Training Package.