Learn to Scuba Dive with Sydney Dive Safari
Becoming a scuba diver is a wonderful adventure and is easier than you think. Our "Learn to Dive" course only takes two days with online learning over one weekend. Get your ticket to explore the underwater world today!
If you want more time in the water we also have a three day course which comes with our Learning Guarantee!
Scuba diving is a unique experience that allows us to explore places that only a handful of people have laid eyes on. 70% of our world is covered by the oceans and as a certified diver, you are able to plunge into a whole new world of adventure, beauty and wonder.
From the tiniest of creatures that will fascinate you with their unrivalled beauty to the truly awe inspiring giants of the ocean you will be amazed at the sheer amount of life that is present once you descend below the surface.
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Learn to Dive Sydney and get your scuba diving certification with the Open Water Diver Course today!
- Designed for beginners, no experience necessary.
- Internationally recognised certification to scuba dive anywhere in the world.
- Become qualified to dive depths of up to 18 metres.
- Online learning at no additional cost to save time in the classroom.
- Pool training conducted in a heated pool.
- Free transport is provided to the pool and the dive sites.
- Maximum 6:1 student to instructor ratio.
The "Learn to Dive" course is made up of three components: online learning, a pool or confined water session and open water training. After successful completion of the course you will be a certified Open Water Diver and licensed to dive with a buddy to a maximum depth of 18 metres anywhere in the world!
- ACADEMICS. When you book onto an Open Water Diver Course you will be given access to the SSI Online Training program. You can then learn at your own pace when it is convenient for you. There are six sections to complete in the comfort of your own home and a multiple choice exam which will be conducted at our store during the course.
- POOL TRAINING. This is where you will develop basic scuba and self rescue skills in a controlled confined water environment. Once you are comfortable in the pool, it's time to dive where the real action takes place - the open water.
- OPEN WATER SESSIONS. The open water sessions are typically conducted at Long Bay and Bare Island (weather dependant). Over these days you will complete at least four open water dives and have the chance to experience everything you learned in the pool hands-on. After successful completion of your open water training dives you will become a certified diver!
- The minimum age to participate is 10 years old (a parent's or guardian's consent is required for participants under 18 years old.)
- All participants must complete a Medical Questionnaire. If any of the questions are flagged as "Yes" you will need to gain medical clearance from a doctor prior to participating. Please ensure you complete this Medical Questionnaire before the start of your Open Water Course.
- You must be able to swim 200 metres without stopping. There is no time limit for this and you may use any swimming stroke(s) you want.
- You must be able to float or tread water for 10 minutes, again using any method(s) you want.
- Transfers and cancellations are possible without penalty 14 days outside the scheduled dive course.
- If you wish to transfer your booking within 14 days from your scheduled dive course or fail to complete the required online study prior to course commencement you will incur a 50% transfer/administration fee plus a $20 re-booking fee.
- If you cancel your booking within 14 days from your scheduled dive course or fail to attend you will forfeit the full cost of the course. Refunds are not possible within 14 days.
- All dive courses must be completed within 180 days of the original scheduled start date.
- View Sydney Dive Safari's full Terms & Conditions.