Become a Rescue Diver with Sydney Dive Safari
Be prepared for those unexpected emergencies. The Diver Stress & Rescue Course will teach you about accident prevention and how to handle situations that might occur.
Stress is a major contributor to rescue situations and diving accidents. Through this course you will learn how to avoid, recognise, handle and solve problems on the surface and underwater. Enhance your safety as a diver and become everyone's favourite dive buddy!
- Internationally recognised certification.
- Learn to recognise and avoid stress.
- Develop rescue skills and practice rescue scenarios.
- Knowledgable and experienced instructors.
- All training completed in one weekend.
- Maximum 8:1 student to instructor ratio.
The stress & rescue course is demanding and realistic in its conduct, content and approach. It is an important step expanding your knowledge and experience beyond a purely recreational level. This course builds confidence and ability, providing the skills and knowledge to help you better understand how to respond safely and efficiently to surface and underwater emergencies.
The rescue course runs over two days in which you will participate in academic and in-water sessions in the pool and in the open water. Interaction, discussion, variety and flexibility are encouraged during skills training. As a prerequisite for certification you need to have valid First Aid, CPR and Oxygen Provider certificates.
- ONLINE THEORY. When you book onto the course you will be given access to the SSI Online Training program. You can then learn and complete the required sections in the comfort of your own home before the beginning of the course.
- POOL TRAINING. This is where you will learn to recognise the signs of stress and develop basic rescue skills in a controlled confined water environment. Once you are comfortable in the pool, it's time to go where the real action takes place - the open water.
- OPEN WATER SESSIONS. Over this session you will complete a minimum of three open water dives and have the chance to experience everything you learned in the pool hands-on through realistic and challenging scenarios. Upon successful completion of the performance requirements you will become a certified Rescue Diver!
- The minimum age to participate is 15 years old (a parent's or guardian's consent is required for participants under 18 years old.)
- Be certified as an SSI Open Water Diver, or hold an equivalent certification from another recognised certification agency.
- Have a current First Aid, CPR and oxygen provider certificate from a recognised authority.