Snorkelling Instructor Course with Sydney Dive Safari
Do you work in Marine Education? It takes just one day to receive your nationally recognised accreditation as a Snorkelling Instructor and gain valuable first hand experience with some of Sydney's local dive sites.
Current First Aid, CPR and Advanced Resuscitation qualifications are also required for all instructor level certifications and can be added to this course if required. This includes Emergency Care specific to marine environments.
The Snorkelling Instructor Course provides candidates with the knowledge and training necessary to conduct entry-level snorkelling courses in a safe and enjoyable manner.
Being an instructor is a career you can truly enjoy. If you are looking for a career in the ocean, becoming a snorkelling instructor is the best choice you can make. Snorkelling is an exciting activity that anyone young or old can enjoy with minimal equipment and teaching snorkelling is much easier than most people think.
Upon completion you will be certified as an International Snorkelling Instructor.
- All instruction completed in one day!
- Instruction from one of our experienced snorkelling instructor trainers.
- All snorkelling equipment including wetsuits are provided if required.
- Rinsing facilities available after at our shop.
The Snorkelling Instructor Course takes only one day. We meet all participants at our store so we can fit you out with proper snorkelling equipment and go over paperwork and basic snorkelling theory. Theory is then supplemented with an ocean session where you will cover the key snorkelling skills in addition to safety and group management techniques.
- The minimum age to participate is 18 years old.
- You must be able to swim.
- Have a current First Aid, CPR, and Oxygen Provider certificate from a recognised authority.
- All participants must complete a Medical Questionnaire.
- SSI Professional Fee (approximately $110). This annual fee is payable direct to SSI upon completion of your course.
- A RSTC Medical Statement needs to be completed and signed by a licensed medical practitioner. This is required once every 12 months to stay current as a dive professional.
This course is subject to Sydney Dive Safari's normal Terms & Conditions.