Try Scuba Diving with Sydney Dive Safari
Looking for a new adventure? Try Scuba Diving! It’s your opportunity to discover the magical world of colourful fish and living reefs in your very own backyard!
There’s nothing like it. Scuba diving is much easier than you think and the Try Scuba Diving Experience will prepare you to participate in this new sport that awaits you. Dive into a whole new world.
We‘re sure that once you try it, you’ll love it! Afterwards, it only makes sense that you continue your adventure to become a certified diver. Your Try Scuba Diving Experience is the first step. If you decide to become an Open Water Diver within the first six months,
your Try Scuba open water dive can be recognised as one of the required dives.
- No experience is required, making the course ideal for beginners. However, all participants must be able to swim.
- Experience the rush of scuba diving without tests and knowledge overloading.
- Low student to instructor ratios of 4:1.
- Knowledgable and experienced instructors.
- All scuba diving equipment required is supplied.
The Try Scuba Diving Experience takes approximately half a day. We meet all participants at our store so we can fit you out with proper scuba equipment and go over paperwork. Once at the dive site you will receive a brief overview explaining whats going to happen during your dive, the equipment you will be using, how to breathe underwater, appropriate underwater hand signals, some basic knowledge about scuba diving and the rules that need to be followed for your safety during the dive.
When you first get in the water, we will run through some very important water skills and get you comfortable before descending down for your dive. The dive itself will last around 30-60 minutes and you will reach a maximum depth of 5 meters. Your experienced dive instructor will show you the magic of the underwater world.
- The minimum age to participate is 12 years old (a parent's or guardian's consent is required for participants under 18 years old.)
- You must be able to swim.
- All participants must complete a Medical Questionnaire. If any of the questions are flagged as "Yes" you may need to gain medical clearance from a doctor prior to participating. Please ensure you complete this Medical Questionnaire before your Try Scuba Experience.